Frequently Asked Questions
What is your cancellation policy for vaction rentals?
We understand unexpected situations come up and it may be necessary to cancel or reschedule your cleaning appointment. Cancellations must be made by calling our office at (231)881-5208. A minimum of 48 HRS notice is required for cancellations. To avoid any cancellations fees.
Are there things you do not clean?
We have instructed our teams to leave certain items untouched such as items or areas containing any body fluids, excretions or litter boxes. If your pet has an accident or vomits, it will be your responsibility to clean it up. Our teams are advised to clean around these areas. Seasonal insect infestation can also be a problem and may prevent us from completely cleaning your home. If ants, termites, roaches, fleas, etc. are encountered, we will not clean or vacuum the area. We will leave you a note or call you regarding the problem. We do not clean inside curio cabinets. If you have other items you prefer that we do not clean nor handle, please call the office and we will arrange to avoid these items. Due to the fragile nature of ceiling light fixtures and light globes, we cannot take them apart for cleaning. Our staff cannot climb higher than a 2-step stool, work on the outside of your home, move furniture or electronics, lift objects over 20 pounds, prepare meals, provide any pet or children-related services, or empty diaper pails.
How can I pay for my cleaning?
SEND PAYMENTS TO -MAILING ADDRESS:
Wendy’s Cleaning & Services, LLC
8920 Moeller Dr.
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
We aslo now take credit cards, Please call the office for more information about how to get started with this great opportunity.
Do you do laundry and dishes?
LAUNDRY & DISHES are a “SPECIALTY” clean item that requires an additional fee for your cleaner(s) to complete for you. Please contact the office for pricing and other add on services that may be helpful for you and your home.
What is included in your cleanings?
General Cleaning Include:
- Dusting off all fans and light figures
- Dusting off all trim and baseboard
- Dust all corners: which are dusted, and cobwebs removed
- Dust all pictures or Knick-knacks
- Dust all blinds (not responsible for any broken blinds due to condition)
- Vacuuming outside of couches and chairs
- Dust off all furniture, tables, chairs
- Disinfecting and cleaning all bathrooms
- Windex all mirrors
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and moping all floors
- Wiping down all appliances on the outside
- Wipe counter tops and backsplash
- Disinfect all sinks, showers, and tubs
- Hoods and vents above stove wiped down
- Cabinets spot cleaned
- Wiping all light switches
- Remove trash and reline container
- Clean under all area rugs
- Dust all furniture
- Stairs are vacuum
Initial Clean and Deluxe Cleaning:
Includes the above items, but is hand washed instead of dusted with feather duster.
- Ceiling fan blades within 2-step ladder reach (hand washed or wiped
- Light fixtures within 2-step ladder reach (hand washed in place/not removed)
- Cobwebs removed
- Blinds & shutters (vacuumed, not washed)
- Moldings & woodwork, windowsills, & lock ledges (hand washed or wiped)
- Baseboards (hand washed or wiped, reachable w/out moving furniture)
- Pictures & knick-knacks (hand wiped)
- Uncluttered shelves (hand wiped)
- Furniture (polished, fronts, sides, legs)
- Top of refrigerator (hand washed or wiped)
- Outside of appliances cleaned / inside microwave
- Stovetop, grates or drip pans scrubbed
- All Cabinet fronts (hand washed or wiped)
- All Doors and door frames (hand washed or wiped)
- Light switch plates (hand washed)
- Counter tops & backsplashes (hand washed)
- All sinks (scrubbed/disinfected)
- Mirrors (cleaned)
- Tub/shower & tiles (double scrubbed for buildup)
- All bathroom counters & fixtures (sanitized)
- Wastebaskets (emptied/relined)
- Stairs (vacuumed)
- Floors (vacuumed and/or mopped)
* We do not climb higher than a 2-step ladder. Higher items will only be dusted w/ an extension duster we cannot move furniture, but we will try to reach any visible places either by hand or with an extension duster. Most homes have at least one chandelier or vaulted ceiling fan that we cannot reach by hand.
* We cannot guarantee the results of mini-blind cleaning. Excessive build up may require ultra-sonic mini-blind cleaning (We do not offer this service) Please allow for some dust resettlement after we leave, we try to limit the dust in the air but cannot prevent this entirely.
What is your cancellation policy?
Appointments cancelled without a minimum of 48 hours (2 days) notice will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
Same day of service cancellations PRIOR to arrival of cleaning crew will be charged 50% of your set rate. At the door service cancellations UPON arrival of cleaning crew will be charged 75% of your set rate.
What if I need to reschulde my appoinment?
If you need to reschedule your cleaning,.Please call the office before your appoinment day (48 HRS before), we will do our best to re-schedule your appointment in the same week. If this is not possible and you are on a bi-weekly or longer rotation, please be advised that your cleaning rate may increase due to build up and longer cleaning time required.
Re-scheduling timetables are subject to the same penalties as appointments listed above.
Do I need to be home for your team to clean?
No. Because we work on an 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule, Monday to Friday, most of our customers are not home when we arrive. In most of these cases, our insured housecleaning professionals are provided with a spare key or garage code.
What do you mean by “window of arrival”?
When you schedule housecleaning services with WSC, we will give you an arrival timeframe of 1 to 2hours. Because we give homes the individualized attention they deserve, we are not able to provide an exact time of arrival, but we do our best to ensure that our cleaning plan does not interfere with your schedule.
Do you bring your supplies?
Yes. Plus, we can bring environmentally friendly products if you request it.
Do you guarantee your work?
Absolutely. We assigned an account manager to every client to make sure a proper follow-up of your case is made. Our cleaners are well-trained and experienced and have direct communication with you and the manager. If you are not 100% satisfied with our service, Please contact the office with in 24 hours of your clean and we assure you we will make things right.
What if my scheduled cleaning service falls on a holiday?
During the event that one of your routine cleanings falls on a holiday, we will reach out to you., to reaschudle your appoinmnet for the following day or another day in the same week. Our team will also remind you of any additional housecleaning services that we can provide you with so you can be prepared for the upcoming holiday. We will do our best to work with your schedule.
Can I provide my team with special instructions/work order?
Yes! In fact, we require it. Your preferences give us the structure we need to enhance your cleaning experience and ensure that you are completely pleased with your home’s level of clean. To be sure that your preferences are documented in your cleaning plan, we recommend that you call us before your first cleaning, Our friendly office staff will be happy email you a work order to fill out so we can put it in your file, so you do not have to repeat them every time we arrive for service.
Will you always send the same cleaner?
We believe that it is especially important to always send the same team to clean your home and we will do everything in our control to make this possible. If a member of your team is absent, we will do our best to find the most suitable replacement. All our cleaners go through a background check and training to ensure that the quality of our work is always consistent.
What are the packages you offer?
Move Out or Move In Clean
Cottage Opening (Early March - May) and Cottage Closings ( September - October)